Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What inspires you?


in·spi·ra·tion

Definition of INSPIRATION

1
a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation
b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions
c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions
2
: the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs
3
a : the quality or state of being inspired
b : something that is inspired <a scheme that was pureinspiration>
4
: an inspiring agent or influence
— in·spi·ra·tion·al  adjective
— in·spi·ra·tion·al·ly adverb

Inspiration is what fuels our soul to create. For artists inspiration can come from just about anything. , it doesn't matter what medium you use as human beings we are inspired just by being alive to the delights of each day!

I am inspired by many things sometimes too many things. I have ADD and my brain is on full speed to grasp as many amazing things as I can in one day. Some times this back fires and I wind up freezing but usually when I take the time to be quiet and listen to my soul inspiration will sit right on my shoulder, wisper in my ear and take hold. 

The top 5 topics that inspire my creative side
1. People in my life. This can be people I know really well like my sisters and nieces or someone I meet in a class or new friend. People often inspire me to create something that I know they would like.


2. Colors. Sometimes I just let the colors inspire me by painting what ever color comes to mind, don't worry about how they will look together, just paint.
Farmers Market


3. Music. Art inspiring art like music or poetry can create pictures in your mind which sometimes just have to come out in another artistic form. My favorite musician is Trevor Hall, his lyrics are amazing! http://www.trevorhallmusic.com
Trevor Hall and my Husband Matt at the SanFrancisco Zoo!



4. Nature. I am so lucky to live in one of the most beautiful and quaint places (Cape Cod) in New England. I am inspired by the many beaches, creeks, wooded trails and walking through our town (SANDWICH) which is the oldest town on the Cape and has lovely architecture in the old fashioned homes and buildings.


5. Travel. Getting "out of dodge" so to speak, is a great way to fuel your creative side. Sometimes we can get stagnent with the same old, same old. I love to travel anywhere, even if it is just a day trip! recently we went to Culebra a small island off Puerto Rico. So lovely and it inspired me to paint every day! 








What inspires you?



No comments:

Post a Comment